Sunday, November 6, 2011

Time For Some Baking!!

     Yesterday was such a cold, windy day that I did not feel like leaving the house (so I didn't. LOL)   So what is better than to do a little baking goodies on a cold day, Nothing!  Since I had not done any baking since we switched to the Paleo Lifestyle I figured it was time for me to finally get my butt up and give it a try and my kids were so happy I did, because I tried not one recipe but two. I knew for sure one of the things I was going to bake was a Raspberry Coconut Muffin my husband had seen on fastpaleo.com, so since he was going to the box for day 5 of his whole month of November Hero WOD's I figured I would have him stop by the commissary to pick up what I needed. While he was gone I was looking at a few recipes and I decided to make some Pumpkin muffins but I couldn't find a recipe that was just what I was looking for so I ended up being a little creative :-) This is what I ended up with and they were sooooooooo Yummy!!!


    The first ones I baked were the Raspberry Coconut Muffins, and I have to be very honest I did not think they were going to turn out very good. I gathered all the ingredients together and did every thing the recipe said to do, but the batter was very, very dry and crumbly. I thought there is no way in hell this is going to turn out to be anything edible, I even added another 1/4 cup coconut oil. I still wasn't happy with the results but I decided to go ahead and cook it anyways (didn't want to throw all that money away. LOL) I had to cook them a few minutes longer than the recipe called for, but I think that was because of the extra oil I added. They did not really rise at all, thank goodness I filled the muffin tin full. Low and be hold after they were done and cooled I tried one, I was so pleasently suprised that I could not believe it. They were  so moist and tasty!


                                                  Raspberry Coconut Muffins

6        eggs
1/2     cup honey
250g  melted coconut oil  (which converts to 8.75 ounces)
1 C.   coconut flour
1 C.   shredded coconut
2 C.   raspberries
1 tsp  baking soda
1 tsp  salt

 Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celcius in a fan forced oven and place patty pans in muffin tray.
 Place all wet ingredients (apart from raspberries) in a bowl and mix together with a mixer.
 Stir in dry ingredients and add raspberries last. ( I recommend folding them into the batter)
 Cook for 20-25 minutes
 let cool and then serve.
This batch made 16 muffins


While those were in the oven I went ahead and whipped up my Pumpkin Muffins and this is what I came up with......



Pumpkin Pecan Coco Muffins


1/2 cup     melted butter
6               eggs beaten
1 tsp         pure vanilla extract
1/2 C.       pumpkin puree
1/4 C.       honey
1/2 C.       coconut flour    
1/2 tsp      baking powder
1  3/4 tsp   cinnamon (i love cinnamon, so you can use less if you like)
1/4 tsp       cloves
1/4 tsp       nutmeg
1/4 C.        chopped pecans
1/4 C.        Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
and just a pinch of salt pinch

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.

Grease a standard muffin tray or use paper liners
Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl together until well beaten: butter, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and honey/maple syrup.
Mix dry ingredients together then slowly add into the wet ingredients, whisking as you do so that you don’t have lumps in the batter. After every thing is mixed throughly fold in the pecans and chips till mixed threw out.
Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins
 bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.

Makes 12 muffins


I hope you enjoy these as much as my family did :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment