Friday, October 7, 2011

Sweet Potato Hash

     I got up early this morning to get everything ready to put in the crockpot for dinner tonight, but more on that yummy subject later. Right now I am going to talk about breakfast, since I am off work for almost a week I decided to be nice and cook my hubby a good breakfast this morning.

                                            Sweet Potato Hash and Poached Eggs



Sweet Potato Hash
                                                        


 2 Cups   Sweet Potato's (grated or as I prefer juliened)
1/2          Onion diced 
1/2          Bell Pepper diced
3             Bacon (cooked and chopped coursely) or you could use sausage if you like
Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste

Remove some of the bacon grease from your skillet, leaving enough to cook you potato's in. Add sweet potatoes to skillet and cook until almost completely tender, then add  your onions and bell peppers and cook until tender and onions are translucent. Add your bacon and salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy for breakfast with eggs or you can even have it as a side dish for dinner, either way it is delicious!


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this for my hubbies breakfast tomorrow! It looks delicious! I went to college, and met my husband, in Va Beach... it made me smile to see you are in Hampton! I miss Va Beach so much, everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and I do. It taste so good you won't want to keep it just as a breakfast food, I like to make extra and have some with lunch or dinner. I hope you get to come back to VA soon since you are so homesick for it. :)

    ReplyDelete