Saturday, October 29, 2011

Breakfast on a Cold Fall Day

     I guess fall is really here, since it has dropped from 85 degrees to 47 in just one day. I woke up this morning and it was cold, windy and rainy. One of those days were you just want to keep your butt in bed under the nice warm covers and snuggle, but instead of doing that I played the good mommy and wife this morning and made everyone a warm and tasty breakfast.
    
     After I finally dragged my butt out of bed I put the coffee on and got started on making breakfast. The first thing on the agenda was peeling the sweet potato's and grating them for sweet potato hash, then on to the organic uncured bacon it was. Thank goodness I already put the coffe on because I was in need of a cup. LOL  After taking a few sips of my coffee it was back to cooking, I had a couple of plantains that were ripe and almost too ripe so I decided to slice them up and fry them in some Kerry Gold butter for a little sweet treat with breakfast. I only had 2 small red peppers left from my garden this year so I decided to add those to the hash for an added little touch of Love. :-)





     So after making a tasty and yummy breakfast for everyone, my tummy was full and satisfied I climbed back on the bed and got under the covers (just one of those day, LOL) and watched my hubby play Gears of War 3.

     Now I just have to figure out what I have in the freezer so hopefully I don't have to go out in this cold, wet weather to get stuff for dinner. What do you like to have on days like this? Me personally I like things like soup, chili or stews something that warms you through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment