Sunday, October 9, 2011

Paleo Pumkin Pancakes

     I so love fall, the weather starts to get a little cooler and I can pull out my favorite sweaters and sweater dress, wear my knee high boots and lets not forget if your lucky enough to live some where you actually can see the seasons changing then you get to see the beautiful leaves changing to the golds, reds and yellow colors that are so awe inspirering. For me it is just as majestic as the rainbow.


     When fall comes it makes me think about all the yummy food that goes along with it so in honor of fall I made my first attempt of Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes, it was my first try at any sort of Paleo pancakes at all so I was a little apprehensive about the whole thing but I wanted a little break from eggs. Don't get me wrong I love me some eggs but I was just in the mood for something else, so off I went search for the perfect recipe. I ended up using a recipe I got from Paleo on Main Street.
I have to be honest when I put the first one on to cook I was a little nervous because it seemed to be cooking to fast and when i tried to turn it over it crumbled to pieces. Damn, I thought oh well I just wasted all the things I used to make them, then I thought for a moment and decided to lower my heat a bit and try it again. Low and behold a lower head and patients and I ended up with some pretty looking pancakes that tasted quite suprising really good.
     So, thanks to Paleo on Main Street my family once again is able to add pancakes to our breakfast menu!
The only thing I changed in the recipe is I doubled everything since I have a large family.
Don't mind my photography, the picture did not do it justice.


                                                         Pumpkin Pancakes

1/2 C Canned Pumpkin
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Honey
1/4 C Coconut Oil- Melted
1/4 C Coconut Milk
1/4 C Coconut Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder

Preheat griddle or pan to 350.
In separate bowls, mix wet and dry ingredients together
Throughly mix your wet ingredients and then slowly mix into dry.
Spoon mixture onto griddle and cook 2-4 minutes per side.
When finished enjoy with pure maple syrup, honey, butter or even some coconut oil and for an extra touch you can add some chopped pecans.
 Enjoy, I know we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment