On the menu for this evening, I made some acorn squash, baked Curry Cauliflower and Coconut Curry Chicken. My Picture may not have turned out as well as I wanted it too but, Oh My GOSH it tasted soooo good.
I have to give props to Everyday Paleo for the Roasted Curry Cauliflower recipe:
Roasted Curry Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower, stems removed
3 Tbl coconut oil
1 Tbl curry powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp tumeric
sea salt to taste (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss the florets with the oil until well coated. Sprinkle all of the spices over the cauliflower florets and stir again to evenly coat. Spread cauliflower in a glass baking dish and bake 40-45 minutes, stirring half way through the cooking time
Coconut Curry Chicken
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken thighs & legs (still in tact), skin on
- 1 cauliflower (to make the rice)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Onion – finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves – smashed and roughly chopped
- 1 red chili pepper – seeds removed, chopped (I used a Scotch Bonnet pepper)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil to a med-high heat
- Put chicken pieces into the skillet and cook until each side golden-browned (about 3 min per side)
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and chili – saute for about 3 min or until soft
- Add the coconut milk and curry powder – mix together thoroughly
- Add back the chicken and simmer at medium heat covered for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. You can use a meat thermometer to check and it should be about 155 before you stop cooking it (it will continue to cook up to 160 which is the perfect internal temp). The coconut milk that the chicken is simmering in should cover about 1/2 of the chicken – if yours’ doesn’t you can add more coconut milk or some chicken stock.
- For the cauliflower rice, either use your food processor to chop the cauliflower to a rice consistency or use a cheese grater. If you have a microwave you can cook it in the microwave for 3 minutes and it’ll be good to go. Otherwise you can steam it for a few minutes. I
- Serve the chicken on a bed of cauliflower rice.